Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Nostalgia

When we arrived in Mumbai we were greeted at the airport by Christine’s Aunt and Uncle, Robin and Keron. As we exited the airport we were hit with a wave of hot humid air, it is always this first wave of hot air you get when arriving abroad that assures you that indeed you are in a strange place far from home. Fortunately it was a short walk to the car, and Sanjay, Keron and Robin’s driver was there to herd away the flocks of people with offerings of taxis, hotels and of course maps. We are greeted in the car by a refreshing blast of cool air from the air-conditioning and as Robin hands us a bag of ice cold cans. I select a nice refreshing can of Sprite, and suddenly I get nostalgic as I notice the cans ring pull was in fact an actual ring pull, I have not seen one of these probably since the 80’s, with a smile I pull of the ring pull and take a refreshing gulp!

No comments: